Wedding Decor – Money Saving Ideas
Posted December 5th, 2010 at 5:22 pmNo Comments Yet
Here are some tips to help you save some money as you plan your big day!
- Make sure to get the full use out of rental items and flowers. If you are using items to decorate your ceremony site, can they be transported to the reception too. If you are paying for the items you might as well use them in both places.
- Check with your reception venue to see if they include linens in their rates. Linens can take a large chunk out of your budget, especially if you are getting chair covers. However, they make a huge difference in the look of your reception.
- Let your escort cards play double duty as your favors for your guests.
- The best decorations for your head table are your bridal and bridesmaids bouquets. Have empty vases waiting for you on the table and you and your maids can simply drop in your bouquets. They will stay fresh throughout the night and they cost nothing additional!
- One way to add a splash of color to your tables without a large expense is by renting colored napkins to place in the center of your table. Your centepieces can be set right on top.
- Alternate your centerpieces. Each table doesn’t have to have a large ornate centerpiece. Mix it up with larger and smaller centerpieces. Not only will you save money, but often times it looks much better and adds some depth to the room.
- Silk flowers will not always make things cheaper. In order to get a silk flower that looks as nice as fresh you often times have to spend TWICE the money. If you are seriously considering silk flowers just to save money, get a quote on fresh to make sure you are making the right decision.
- Another great way to save money is to shop after holiday sales for decorating items. Especially candles and ribbons. After Christmas, New Years and Valentines Day are the best times to get great finds. Often you can get some really unique items for 50%-90% off.
Have any money saving tips that helped you? Please feel free to share them!!!
2010 Margaret Moore and Miranda Davis, www.simpleeleganceeventsandweddings.com
Want to use this article in your E-zine or website? You can as long as you include this complete statement:
Event Planning entrepreneur Margaret Moore and Miranda Davis with Simple Elegance Events and Wedding Designs publishes this weekly e-zine. Get your FREE “My Dream Wedding without the Nightmare” at www.simpleeleganceventsandweddings.com